Monday, January 25, 2010

Mondays...


Hello everyone!


Well I just finished up a 2 page paper about my eating habits for my Food and Cultures class. I found it a little difficult to write 2 pages on the subject, so I may have cut it a little short. My eating habits are pretty normal, now that I think about it - however, I still haven't found a restaurant where I can order a poached egg. I'm sure the day will come though. Today i had class from12:30 to 7:00...LONG DAY! Although my classes are based on really interesting subjects, it is really hard to sit through three 1 1/2 hour classes. I am learning that I do not have a very long attention span.


I bet some of you will find it amusing that I am listening to "Good Day" by Nappy Roots right now, it always puts me in a good mood. "We gonna have a good day, and all my homies gonna ride today..." My friends and I made good use of the weekend. On Friday after class, we hiked up to Park Guell, the famous Gaudi Park. I highly recommend it to anyone traveling to Barcelona! However, I'm sure the tour books will inform you on that one too. I can't wait to go there with my family! I know you will love it! You too, John! When we got back from Park Guell, Molly and I took small naps, ate dinner (No puedo recordar lo que comí) My itunes just switched to Taylor Swift - quite a transformation. Anyways, after dinner Molly and I went and met some of our friends at the Black Sheep where they sell liter beers for 2.50 Euros and 2 liter Sangria for 8.50 Euros (Don't worry, Mumsey -- I didn't drink 2 whole liters of Sangria!) After that, went walked to a really fun bar called Kennedy's where they had a live band who played music like Johnny Cash and other varieties. I was up dancing at the band, when suddenly I turned around and realized I was the only one and that I was NOT at Wofford! Molly and I shared a cab with a couple of our friends and got in around 4 -- pretty early for Barca! On Saturday, Molly and I just wondered around the city and got a little lost -- didn't see anything historical or art historical, but we just like to roam around, get lost, and find our way back from time to time. On Saturday night, we went to Sarah J's house - which is WAY BIGGER than my homestay! I was jealous to say the least, but Mols and I got pretty lucky with our two Senora's! We went to a bar called George Payne but literally stayed for 45 minutes, 2 beers worth and hit a wall. We came back early and slept in on Sunday. Sunday -- we went to the Sagrada Familia - SO COOL but SO much construction going on! I guess thats what happened when the famous architect Gaudi passes away when creating a masterpeice.

Well, I still have some European Union homework to do and I am going to try and keep up with Molly and go work out with her in the AM! Sarah wants me to go out - decisions, decisions! I'll blog tomorrow, thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment