Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sorry so Late!

Hola mi familia y mis amigos!

I am sorry I started this blog 2 1/2 weeks late -- (especially Tess!) I didn't realize how much I would want to go back and read this someday until this morning when I was reading Amy's. So far, Barcelona has been great, minus my anxiety attack. Molly and I live with two Senora's - Elena and Cecilia. They are mother and daughter. Elena is the mother who only speaks Spanish and Cecilia is the daughter who speaks Spanish, but also English, Catalan, and is currently taking French lessons. Elena is a nurse and Cecilia is some type of political consultant - I never fully grasped the details of her job. I will find the right time to take a picture with them soon and post them! So far, Molly and I have really just been trying to find our way around the city. Our school is about a 20 minute commute from our homestay. We usually take the bus in the morning and the metro on the way back. Our school is in a great location! It is in the Plaza Catalunya right off Las Ramblas. Las Ramblas is a strip that runs through part of Barcelona, which always has street entertainment going on such as mimes and vendors.
My classes are great so far! My teachers are all from different countries. My European Union teacher is Turkish, my Architecture and Food teachers are both American, my Picasso;Miro;Dali teacher is British and my Spanish teacher is in fact, Spanish. In my free time so far, I have been shopping, to Park Guell (the famous Gaudi park) and to the beach. This weekend we are going to Taragonna with the IES group, which will help us to meet more people! Barcelona is so big and there are so many places to go out at night and it's a little hard to meet up with people -- not to mention the regular time to come home at night is 6 in the AM!
Well I don't want to stay on my computer all day -- so Molly and I are going to go find something to eat and explore a little more. Blog tomorrow!

Love,
Mimi

2 comments:

  1. Great start Mimi! We'll be reading regularly and passing along our comments. Can you tell us more about the cuisine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry i didn't post more about the cuisine on this one! I didn't read your comment until now - i will tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete